Daniel S. Donovan, MDOrthopaedic Surgeon in Albany, NY
Dr. Donovan specializes in all types of hand and upper extremity procedures including the treatment of traumatic and arthritic conditions. He is also trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques of the shoulder and elbow, in addition to general orthopedic surgery.
Specialties: Hand and Wrist , Elbow , Shoulder
121 Everett Road
Albany, NY 12205
250 Delaware Avenue
Suite 200, Delmar, NY 12054
2 Empire Drive, Suite 200
Rensselaer, NY 12144
A native of Delmar, NY, Dr. Donovan earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology from SUNY Geneseo. He earned his doctorate of medicine from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine in 2012 where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society, of which he is still an active member.
Dr. Donovan then moved to New York City where he completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Mount Sinai-St. Luke’s and Roosevelt Hospitals. Following his training in general orthopedics, he completed a year of subspecialty training in hand and upper extremity surgery at the University of California Irvine.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, SUNY Geneseo
University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences 2012, Dean’s Letter of Commendation, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery Microsurgery Fellowship, University of California, Irvine
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Mt. Sinai St. Luke’s- Mt. Sinai West 2017 (formerly Roosevelt Hospital) New York, NY
- Board Eligible Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ABOS) Certified
- ABOS Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand
- Executive Woods Ambulatory Surgery Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital
- Albany Memorial Hospital
- Samaritan Hospital
- Dr. Donovan’s research pertaining to fractures of the hand, reconstruction of traumatic injuries and minimally invasive surgery has been published in a number of peer reviewed journals and has been presented at conferences nation-wide.