Adam G Suslak, MDOrthopaedic Specialist in Albany and East Greenbush, NY
Dr. Suslak is a fellowship-trained, board-certified specialist in orthopaedic sports medicine, including arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder, knee, and hip, and reconstructive surgery of the shoulder. An author of numerous peer reviewed articles and book chapters, he is committed to advancing orthopaedic surgery through ongoing research. Dr. Suslak has worked with professional sports teams including the Texas Rangers.
Specialties: Hip , Knee , Sports Medicine , Shoulder
121 Everett Road
Albany, NY 12205
2 Empire Drive, Suite 200
Rensselaer, NY 12144
Adam G. Suslak, MD is a fellowship trained specialist in orthopaedic sports medicine, including arthroscopic procedures of shoulder, knee, and hip. Dr. Suslak’s practice focuses on sports related injuries, but his goal is to improve lifestyles in all patients and all age groups.
Dr. Suslak grew up in Central New Jersey and graduated as the valedictorian of his high school. He pursued his bachelor’s degree at Cornell University and received his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Dr. Suslak graduated from medical school with distinction, receiving multiple academic awards.He completed his internship and orthopaedic residency training at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY.
Dr. Suslak completed his fellowship at the distinguished Center for Orthopaedic Research and Education in Phoenix, AZ. During his fellowship, he received extensive training in advanced sports medicine procedures including arthroscopic rotator cuff and labral repairs of the shoulder, arthroscopic interventions for meniscus and ligament injuries of the knee, and sports trauma. Additionally, Dr. Suslak worked with the Texas Rangers Major League Baseball team and its minor league affiliates in the Arizona Fall League. He also served as team physician for multiple local high schools in the Phoenix area.
Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Suslak chose to extend his knowledge and training in hip arthroscopy at the prestigious Rush University Medical Center under Dr. Shane Nho. While at Rush, he focused on advanced hip arthroscopy procedures for the treatment of femoracetabular impingement, labral tears, and hip joint preservation techniques.
Dr. Suslak returned to the Albany area with the most up to date knowledge to treat patients of OrthoNY with a specific interest in the treatment of athletic injuries, arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, knee, and hip. He was awarded the “Physician of the Year” award in 2013 by the nurses at Albany Memorial Hospital
In addition to orthopaedics Dr. Suslak enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, exercising and enjoying the Adirondacks.
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 2005
Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY 2005-2006
Center for Orthopaedic Research and Education in Phoenix, AZ with continued training in hip arthroscopy at Rush University Medical Center under Dr. Shane Nho. 2010-2011
Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY 2006-2010
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
Forms and Documents made available by-Adam G Suslak
- ACL Rehabilitation
- ACL Rehabilitation with Meniscal Repair
- Exercise list post op hip arthroscopy
- Massive Rotator Cuff Repair Rehabilitation
- Menisectomy or Debridement
- Post Operative Hip Arthroscopy PT
- Rotator Cuff Repair Rehabilitation
- Shoulder Arthroscopy Rehabilitation
- Shoulder Posterior Stabilization Rehabilitation
- Shoulder SLAP or Labral Repair Rehabilitation
- Post-Operative Knee Arthroscopy
- Post-Operative Hip Arthroscopy
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for MPFL Reconstruction
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for Meniscal Repair
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for Shoulder Anterior Stabilization
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for Achilles Tendon Repair
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for Meniscal Root Repair
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for Clavicle ORIF